The well-read software developer
The following is a list of books that I have read (or reread) since April 2019 and that I recommend to (aspiring) software developers (my reading list being biased towards Java as well as Scala, privacy & security, and Web engineering):
- Christian, Brian and Griffiths, Tom. Algorithms to Live By. 1st edition 2017.
- Jenny, Sandro and Herzberger, Tomas. Growth Hacking. 2nd edition 2019.
- Farell, Ben. Web Components in Action. 1st edition 2019.
- Riscutia, Vlad. Programming with Types. 1st edition 2019.
- Eilebrecht, Karl and Starke, Gernot. Patterns kompakt. 5th edition 2019.
- Westheide, Daniel. Scala from Scratch: Exploration. Last updated on 2019-12-11.
- Nadalin, Alessandro. Web Application Security. Last updated on 2019-11-25.
- Hofer, Stefan and Schwentner, Henning. Domain Storytelling. Last updated on 2019-09-30.
- Alby, Tom. Einführung in die Webanalyse. 1st edition 2019.
- OpenShift Trilogy
- Goncalves, Antonio. Understanding JPA 2.2. Last updated on 2019-05-17.
- McLarty, Matt et al. Securing Microservice APIs. 1st edition 2018.
- Rylan, Cory. Web Component Essentials. Last updated on 2019-06-22.
- Arundel, John and Domingus, Justin. Cloud Native DevOps with Kubernetes. 1st edition 2019.
- Anderson, David J. and Carmichael, Andy. Essential Kanban Condensed. English guide.
- Preussig, Jörg and Sichart, Silke. Agiles Führen. 1st edition 2018.
- Poulton, Nigel. The Kubernetes Book. Last updated on 2019-03-09.
- Hombergs, Tom. Get Your Hands Dirty on Clean Architecture. Last updated on 2019-05-29.
- Schwartz, Michael and Machulak, Maciej. Securing the Perimeter. 1st edition 2018.
- Fowler, Martin. Refactoring. 2nd edition 2019.
To kick-start this page, let me also share what I have read on Microservices until March 2019 and the three must-reads on that list:
- Wlaschin, Scott. Domain Modeling Made Functional. 1st edition 2018.
- Plöd, Michael. Hands-on Domain-driven Design – by example. Last updated on 2019-03-18.
- Richardson, Chris. Microservices Patterns. 1st edition 2018.